1) Ensure compliance with regulatory and financial requirements of all projects in consultation with Grants and Contracts Office.
2) Manage all InfoEd submission activities (new submissions, annual renewals, final reports).
3) Manage all Sinai IRB submission activities (new submissions, modifications, annual renewals), including assistance with ethics review boards of partnering institutions globally.
4) Manage all IRB communication for research projects where Mount Sinai is the subcontract and/or IRB exemption or deferral paperwork is required
5) Takes an active role in developing the program budgets and grants, as well as development and maintenance of budget details of each individual project. May monitor, verify and oversee the reconciliation of budget expenditures.
6) Lead the coordination and preparation of NIH R01 grant application submissions for investigators in the program.
7) Oversee all deadlines pertaining to administration of grants and project reports
8) Manage and coordinate the preparation and submission of annual progress reports for each project to funding agencies (including NIH and AHA, among others).
9) Identify and anticipate problems with administration and programmatic grant project management, and offer solutions for problems.
10) Prepare and upkeep of all contractual and consulting paperwork related to projects
11) Develops and independently implements new or revised program goals, strategies and objectives to sustain and grow programs and services.
12) Develops and schedules a program work plan in accordance with specifications, objectives and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates program activities through assigned staff; prioritizes and delegates work activities.
13) Maintains liaison with staff in other departments to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
14) Administers program procedures and systems. Ensures information is disseminated to staff regarding program and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures.
15) Oversees and manages the activities of subordinates and consultants and provides leadership and direction for staff, if applicable, setting an effective agenda to ensure that performance goals are met.
16) Confers with and advises staff and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretations; refers to appropriate department or person when unable to respond.
17) Is responsible for performance appraisal evaluations, promotions, transfers and other personnel transactions as assigned.
18) May collaborate with program leadership to prepares proposals for corporate and foundation funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors/donors.
19) May perform needs assessment and analyzes and studies participant, member and community needs for basis of program development. 20) Performs other related duties.