Clinical Research Management - Financial Management/Research Billing:
• Assists in the coordination of financial aspects of clinical trial implementation from protocol feasibility through to study closure.
• Comply with internal and external reporting of financial aspects including but not limited to research billing in EPIC.
• Coordination with external facilities regarding orders to be billed to research studies instead of insurance or patient.
Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance:
• Utilizes and adheres to Inova standards, GCP and FDA guidelines to ensure the highest quality research within Inova.
• Intensive organizational skills and ability to conform to local organizational standards or to suggest and implement improvements.
• Ability and knowledge to identify and suggest solutions to potential quality assurance/regulatory compliance issues as well as prevent them in the future.
• Communicates effectively and works in collaboration with the research team in order to meet research study and departmental objectives. Demonstrates respect and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
• Implement and maintain effective communication and relationships with internal customers including but not limited to 10-15 investigators as well as their office staff members, 4 research team members, and all other surgical staff members.
• Implement and maintain effective communication and relationships with outside representatives from sponsors and granting agencies.
• Makes a continuous effort to foster self-development, enhance work related skills and improve job performance and expertise.
• Proficiency in IV starts, venipuncture, and all bio-specimen collection procedures.
• Utilizes critical thinking skills and ongoing nursing assessment for all study participants.
• Implement medication management protocols per study requirements.
• Able to lead evidence based practice educational initiatives for non- clinical learners.
• Knowledge and ability to navigate and work within sterile operating room environment.
• Provides coordination of study subject visit appointments to adhere to protocol specific guidelines.
• Communicates effectively with Principal Investigators/Sub-Investigators.