**Hiring Rate: $59,708 (Flat Rate)
ThriveNYC, New York City’s roadmap for overhauling our mental health system with an $850 million investment across 54 programs, seeks an experience and skilled individual to serve as the Mental Health First Aid Data Manager. The MHFA initiative is a groundbreaking public education program that teaches the skills needed to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental health and substance abuse challenges and crises. The Data Manager will collect and analyze program data to ensure that ThriveNYC meets its goal of training 250,000 New Yorkers.
The Mayor’s Office of Operations oversees the daily operations of City agencies, coordinates City initiatives, and assists agencies in improving service quality and delivery. The Project Management Team manages strategic projects of significance to the Mayor and City Hall senior staff. These projects focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of intra- and inter-agency operations.
Initially reporting through the Mayor’s Office of Operations during the infrastructure build, the Data Manager will work closely with DOHMH to track and analyze MHFA training data .The Data Manager will work directly with DOHMH on all data integration, training supply and demand, and tracking functions for this initiative. Please note this role will eventually report through DOHMH once the MHFA unit is fully functional. The Data Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Managing MHFA tracking tools and troubleshoot technical issues; Ensure accountability with tracking training participants across multiple agencies.
- Assisting in the preparation of senior- level reports for executive management suggesting conclusions, making recommendations for improvement, and supporting evidence-based decisions.
-Coordinating with agency partners to ensure adoption of analytical tools and processes, and promote standards and best practices when working with data.
-Assisting the Implementation Director in Identifying systemic information gaps and/or process breakdowns and recommend improvements to the program’s performance management methodology.
-Project Management —Manaing project responsibilities, review work products, and ensure efficient progress on implementation.
Specific tasks may involve:
- Coordinating with project team members to manage and coordinate work or parts of work done by other parties both inside and outside the Office of Operations.
- Creating and using Gantt charts, project plans, spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to manage people and tasks and keep up- to-date.
- Providing team direction and vision, including motivating people to perform, listening to people, providing feedback, recognizing strengths and providing challenges.
- Assisting in creating a structure for project documentation and remain conscientious in using it and ensuring that the project team understands and uses it.
- Generating various project-related documents including requirement specifications, contracts, schedules, project plans, presentations, meeting agendas, minutes and status reports.
- Preparing and deliver informative, well- organized presentations to communicate relevant project information to stakeholders.
- Resolving and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understanding how and when to communicate difficult/sensitive information appropriately.