Boat People SOS-Atlanta is an affiliate of BPSOS, Inc. - a national Vietnamese- American community-based organization with 37 years of service to Vietnamese refugees and immigrants, is seeking a motivated and compassionate full-time Healthcare Navigator to join BPSOS-Atlanta Health Awareness and Promotion Program (HAPP) team.
As a grantee of CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), we committed to provide local communities, individual, families and small businesses with the Affordable Care Act outreach and education, eligibility screening, enrollment services, healthcare service referrals and Medicaid or PeachCare application assistance. In addition, we will also help consumers to understand different health insurance plans, tax credits, cost-sharing deduction, premium payment and marketplace related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete and pass all required state and federal Navigator certification training and exams.
• Provide community outreach and education to raise awareness about health insurance benefits and the Affordable Care Act.
• Facilitate educational workshops and outreach to different community based and faith based organizations, community events, small business owners.
• Conduct eligible screening.
• Perform confidential assistance to all consumers seeking healthcare access and information.
• Provide enrollment and follow-up services to needed consumers.
• Identify and build strong partnership with local community organizations, groups and agencies to increase enrollment in GA.
• Provide resources and information about Marketplace, available healthcare services and different insurance options to consumers.
• Assist in CHIPRA, state Medicaid applications for qualified consumers.
• Refer consumers to local available healthcare services, if needed.
• Document and track data for completing outcome reports.
• Work with the program manager to achieve targeted outcomes and performance.
• Perform other duties as a part of the BPSOS-Atlanta team to fulfill the mission of BPSOS.