SUMMARY: The Healthcare Data Research Analyst will manage the daily activities associated with the Georgia Hospital Association (GHA) data requirements specifically as it relates to data manipulation, statistics, and analytical modeling to improve hospital operations, patient safety and financial performance. Sources for analysis include but are not limited to hospital demographic data through GHA’s customer relationship management software, health discharge data submitted through Georgia Discharge Data System (GDDS), hospital quality data such as the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), financial data through Healthcare Cost Report Information System (HCRIS) and others. The Healthcare Data Research Analyst will provide technical or statistical support for GHA as required summarizing data into quality, financial, utilization and/or operational indicators. The Healthcare Data Research Analyst will demonstrate subject matter expertise through participation or leading work groups for projects of moderate complexity or specific project components within larger projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Develop a strong understanding of GHA’s data resources and business operations to identify opportunities for analysis and interpretation.
• Demonstrate a mastery of healthcare terminology in report development and interpretations.
• Provide statistical and technical support for analysis of hospital data by designing, developing and maintaining reports for use by GHA and member hospitals using individual or combinations of data sources including membership data, GDDS, hospital quality or financial indicators.
• Develop and maintain business report requests that support internal and external customers appropriate reporting tools.
• Utilize appropriate and available data sets to creatively summarize analytical results—via charts, graphs, tables, etc.—in ways that are easily understood and presentable for Hospital or other external reports.
• Identify, examine and verify result discrepancies between expected and actual results, and provide technical or statistical support.
• Proactively identify problems with data sets or reports; formulate and implement solutions.
• Contribute to the development of designs, methodologies, analytical plans, and data collection instruments for assigned projects. Offer unique approaches and strategies for the analysis of quality measurement and research data.
• Develop business requirements for projects with a focus on documentation and process automation. Translate business or clinical logic into technical specifications to develop policies and procedures necessary for implementation and project success.
• Serve as a content expert and provide statistical support for various projects.
• Develop detailed project work plans to implement and operationalize project components according to parameters set by project leader. Create project process template/flow chart, plan activities, develop strategies and design tools for collection and analysis of data, and assure documentation of findings.
• Assist with the proper dissemination of findings through available communication channels and preparation of materials for group presentations, conferences, and publications.
• Actively contribute to the successful achievement of GHA objectives through effective team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
• Provide technical phone or in person consultation to member hospitals in understanding of reports, performance measures, and data