Primary Responsibilities: • Identify audiences and participate in and implement formal and informal research plans related to immunization communication/education campaigns, • Performs duties related to the development and implementation of ongoing and specific targeted communication/education campaigns
• Write, edit and collaborate with graphic artists, audio/visual producers, and/or new media designers to produce and disseminate a range of materials potentially including Q and As, fact sheets, matte articles, press releases, text for internet/new media
• Collects and assembles data related to the evaluation of campaigns or other activities/strategies • Coordinates the development of specified information products such as annual reports, briefing books, operating procedures, work plans for specific projects
• Assist in the planning and implementation of observances aimed at increasing awareness of the importance of vaccines (e.g., National Influenza Vaccination Week and National Infant Immunization Week)
• Respond to media information requests and assist in promotion and communication for special events such as the National Immunization Conference.
• Analyzes, develops, presents, and evaluates innovative approaches to developing communication strategies to reach and engage healthcare and public health professionals to increase vaccination and improve vaccine safety.
• Analyzes audiences; segments and profiles audiences; develops or test strategies and messages for different audiences; manages and integrates multiple communication channels (including partners and the media); and oversees the development, coordination, and maintenance of partnerships.
• Works with communication team to support ongoing evaluations of communication tactics and strategies, makes recommendations to improve existing practices to reach key audiences.
• Bachelor’s Degree with major study in an academic field relating to public health, the health sciences or communication (Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, English) appropriate to the work of the position and 5 years of relevant experience;
• MPH preferred with 3 years of relevant experience;
• Skilled, detail-oriented communicator and writer with experience writing and developing web content
• Experienced with written products for general public or provider consumption (newsletters, fact sheets, web content); and to a variety of audiences on messaging/promoting a specific product or message
• Project management experience from concept development through implementation
• Social media experience
• Experience working with a variety of partners/organizations/individuals
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Creative and detail oriented
• Immunization experience or state/local health department experience a plus.