KNOWLEDGE: 1.Practices and broad knowledge of data processing, telecommunications Technology, and system development process as related to public health surveillance Systems. 2. Thorough knowledge of information technology systems to manage data internally as well as web-based solutions for communicating to the public and other partners.
3. The ability to research, evaluate, and implement technical solutions in light of program needs, required maintenance and budgetary constraints; report writing; and governmental organizations.
4. General knowledge in the area of clinical laboratory science or public health is preferred. 5. Knowledge of data manipulation using various applications such as Crystal Reports, SAS, MS Access and Excel.
6. Stays abreast of innovative methodologies, information technologies, and software that may be applicable to arboviral disease surveillance applications.
7. Keeps current with new information processing technologies.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: 1. This position requires skills to implement new technological solutions in the workplace related to arboviral surveillance; maintaining application systems; excellent communication and documentation skills; and the ability to translate information technology concepts and best practices to non-technical users.
2. Advise and assist others on problem areas. Schedules and prioritizes work assignments.
3. Preferred Skills: Experience with one or more health surveillance applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, and SQL proficiency preferred. Dropbox Google Docs, or other electronic communication software. Knowledge of ESRI GIS or other GIS software products is highly desirable.
4. Understands and interprets complex written material, including laws, rules, regulations, policies, and manuals.
5. Uses correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner; produces complex written documents or information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
6. Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions involving complex issues; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of specialized experience in computer systems analysis and development and/or programming, as well as administrative experience - ability to work with a broad range of personnel from non- technical end users to highly-technical information processing specialists.