As part of its mission to provide the highest-quality musculoskeletal care and improve the quality of life throughout the world, HSS facilitates best-practice knowledge transfers and a variety of partnerships with the international musculoskeletal-medicine community.
HSS pursues relationships with organizations that have a similar mission and vision: dedicated to high-quality patient care, academic excellence, and cutting-edge research. Partnerships and initiatives may be academic, clinical, research-based, operational, and organizational, as well as administrative, or a combination of any of these focus areas. Depending on the circumstances, HSS also provides training and education of physicians in their homeland or in the U.S.
HSS currently has global partnerships in education and training, humanitarian work, and business development in numerous countries around the world, including China, Greece, Brazil, England, France, and South Korea. The hospital formally launched its first humanitarian affiliation with FOCOS in Ghana, which is aimed at improving the delivery of quality orthopedic care, education and training, and research.
HSS is now seeking a VP, Global Affairs to oversee international strategic initiatives supporting the HSS mission. The VP will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Global and Academic Affairs.
The Vice President will have direct responsibility for the Department of Global Academic Partnerships, the International Center and humanitarian efforts. These departments span areas that include knowledge-transfer initiatives, patient care at HSS, and strategic partnerships with international academic centers and hospital systems, as well as private business entities. Business development projects will be part of the portfolio of work linked to the hospital’s Global Ventures Initiatives.
The VP will have fiscal accountability and responsibility for staff development, management, and staff performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop an extensive understanding of the institution, its strategy and mission, and the global strategic plan and priorities.
• Actively participate in hospital-wide strategic planning and leadership.
• Be knowledgeable about the global environment as it relates to healthcare leadership and all current HSS global activities; strategize on ways to leverage existing relationships and create new revenue streams.
• Develop a business plan for growth in the International Center that is aligned with the hospital’s mission.
• Identify new business opportunities and collaborate with the Global Ventures department.
• Explore opportunities to further develop HSS’s international reputation and brand; market HSS partnerships globally; oversee the development of branded materials for all global initiatives.
• Lead contractual agreements with international partners and deliver on contractual obligations.
• Provide superior customer service to all constituencies.
• Provide global partners with status reports on a timely basis.
• Develop and implement a knowledge codification system that will enable efficient transfer of knowledge to global partners.
• Using knowledge of pricing and financial modeling, manage program and department budgets.
• Provide leadership for department and staff using sound performance management principles to establish a team-based culture in which employees feel valued and are motivated and highly engaged.