This position supports the Department’s mission through professional and technical expertise by assisting in the investigation of DOH-regulated facilities.
Reporting to the Clinical Care Facilities Comp Complaint Investigations Manager, this posi position serves as an expert in health faci facility complaint investigations, and may be a be a lead worker for other health inve investigators. It provides technical assi assistance to a variety of stakeholders and cust customers regarding compliance and related issu issues, and explains the results of surveys in v in various settings, including testifying in lega legal proceedings.
• Conducting on-site visits and inve investigations in multiple geographic areas with within Washington State to determine comp compliance with state and federal health and safe safety standards in the following:
o Acute care hospitals, chemical de dependency hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, co comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation fa facilities, community mental health centers, ou outpatient physical therapy/speech pathology se services, , and child birth centers applying sk skills, technical knowledge, and state and fe federal regulations.
o Clinical care and community care facilities, including but not limited to: Ambulatory surgical centers and facilities, in-home care, home health and hospice ag agencies, end stage renal disease fa facilities, residential treatment facilities an and state institutions, applying skills, te technical knowledge and state and federal re regulations.
• Communicating investigation report fi findings in a manner that is understandable to to the customer.
• Providing technical assistance on co compliance with state and federal health and sa safety regulations.
• Providing expertise and guidance for Pu Public Health Inspectors and for general in inquiries by customers or interested parties.
• Gathering information from multiple so sources, determining relevant data and co compiling results into a final report.
• Review and recommend acceptance or denial of a licensee’s written plan of co correction for violations noted in final re report.
• Testify as an expert witness in l legal proceedings concerning issues of l licensure or certification.